Covenant History

/Covenant History
Covenant History 2015-07-09T10:38:15+00:00

Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCUSA)

Covenant Presbyterian Church was formed on December 3, 1995, from the rich
heritage and memberships of Trinity Presbyterian Church, which was founded on October 12, 1851, and
First Presbyterian Church, which was founded on December 6, 1871.   Both churches were located in
Sherman, Texas. The name “Covenant” was chosen to signify a commitment to Jesus
Christ and to each other, to celebrate the histories of the previous churches, to
seek God’s call into the future and to move into the future with faithfulness,
claiming God’s promise to be with his people. Over time the church has adopted the phrase “Grace Enough to Spare” as signifying its commitment to serve others.  Covenant Presbyterian Church is a member
of the Presbyterian Church (USA) or PCUSA.  To learn more about what we believe and about PCUSA click here.

Print Friendly