Website Policy/Covenant Presbyterian Church
Purpose of Website
The purpose of the Covenant Presbyterian Church (may sometimes appear herein as CPC) website is to:
- Serve as a convenient and timely source of information about the Covenant Presbyterian Church’s mission, outreach and programs for our congregation and the community as a whole.
- Provide links to PC (USA) and other relevant websites.
- Provide information to newcomers contemplating attending worship services or joining the church.
Introduction: Covenant Presbyterian Church,Sherman,Texas, maintains a website to provide church members and the general public with a convenient source of information about the ministries of CPC. Information posted to the website can come from a variety of sources within the congregation, but principally the information comes from within the ministries themselves, either by action of the associated church staff or by ministry members directly.
Goal of the Policy: Since the website is publicly accessible, this policy seeks to guide two groups; 1) those who are preparing information to be posted to the website, and 2) those staff, members, guests, friends and visitors who attend worship services, special events, tours, concerts, Sunday school classes, fellowship meetings, ministry meetings or other gatherings taking place in the life of this congregation. For both groups, this policy is to provide guidance about what information is appropriate for posting to the site and to set the expectation about what information is likely to be posted. Special care has been given to create a balance between the utility of the website and the privacy of individuals.
Availability of Website
The Covenant Presbyterian Church website is available to all who seek its information. Our website is hosted by a third party provider. The Covenant Presbyterian Church website is intended to be available 24/7, 365 days a year. The site has a section for restricted (members only) access only. This section includes the Church directory which may include member’s photos and names as well as contact information. It is provided in .pdf format and requires Adobe Reader. The directory is restricted to registered members of this website and contains confidential information. Other restricted pages may be added with the approval of the Website Committee.
The information provided on the Covenant Presbyterian Church website includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information about the organizational structure of the Church.
- Information about Church staff including pictures, names, areas of responsibility, and contact information (phone and email). Web administrators will update lists periodically as needed.
- A listing of officers and committee chairs
- Information about the Church’s various ministries and associated activities.
- Links to third party sites that support the Church’s various ministries and associated activities.
- Other mission-related content.
- Password protected directories of church members
Content specific to general congregation members:
- Children (birth to 5th grade) – No children’s phone numbers or email addresses will be listed on the website.
- Youth (6th – 12th grade) – With written parental permission, youth phone/email addresses may be posted on the website when the youth is a contact for a group or event.
- Adults – Phones and/or email contact information will be listed when relevant. If any adult asks that his/her contact information not be listed, the general church phone/email will be used with the phrasing “For more information contact the church office.”
- Digital media (images and video) of groups engaged in church activities may be posted regularly to the site. Individual photographs will be posted only with permission.
- Cares and Concerns related to members of the congregation will not be posted on the website.
Online Directories Policy
- The Church Directories are password protected and restricted to members of the church who have registered on the site.
- Non-members requesting access must be approved by the Website Committee or by the Pastor.
- The user-name/password must be requested through the registration form found on the site or in written form and will be mailed by regular mail.
- All information provided in the Church Directories is posted with permission of the individual listed.
- None of the information in the Directory or directories is to be used for any purpose other than personal reference of said information.
- Covenant Presbyterian Church reserves the right to control access to the ChurchDirectory or Directories.
- Covenant Presbyterian Church will completely remove Church Directories from its website if it is believed security to the information provided has been compromised or used in an inappropriate manner.
- This site may periodically contain links to other third-party sites intended to provide additional information about church mission or activities. Linked sites are not under the control of Covenant Presbyterian Church and the church is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. The church provides links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by Covenant Presbyterian Church.
- Covenant Presbyterian Church reserves the right to use e-mail links in various areas of the site to allow users to contact the Covenant Presbyterian Church staff and others responsible for the various activities that take place in regular church life
- Links to businesses run by church members will not be placed on the website. Links to individual member’s home pages may, on request, be placed on the website to encourage members to learn other member’s interests.
- Links to social media sites such as facebook, twitter and the like may be included in the website and are subject to this policy.
Information Collection and Use
What we Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
• The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site.
• The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
• The date and time you access our site.
• The pages you visit.
• If you linked to our web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
• We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
- Any e-mail addresses obtained through or for the website are for communication purposes only. No e-mail addresses will be used for commercial purposes or given or sold to any businesses, commercial or non-profit.
- This site is indexed by major search services. However, those search services cannot access the Church directories or any pages that require login to access.
Search Engine Robots
Opt out and Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. All email lists provide a simple method for opting out at any time. If you experience a problem using them to opt out or would simply prefer to have us do it, please contact us. Users may also opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Covenant Presbyterian Church by contacting us at e-mail: email@example.com or phone: 903.892.1502
Neither Covenant Presbyterian Church, its employees, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this site is liable for the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the data described and/or contained within it and shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use. It is the responsibility of the data user to use the data appropriately and consistent with these limitations. The publications and information contained in this Website are dynamic and will change over time. These data and related graphics are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such. If the user wishes to verify any information contained on this site, he/she should contact the appropriate member of the staff of Covenant Presbyterian Church. The links provided are intended as additional resources for our users. Covenant Presbyterian Church is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked from this site. Covenant Presbyterian Church cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, or adequacy of any resources, information, products or processes contained in any Website linked directly or indirectly to its site.
Except for materials in the public domain, all of the content on the website of Covenant Presbyterian Church is the property of Covenant Presbyterian Church and is protected by copyright laws. This includes text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio, video, and software. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Covenant Presbyterian Church. The content and software on this site may be used for personal educational purposes. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, re-publication, display, or performance is prohibited.
Copying, broadcasting, downloading, storing in any medium, transmitting, showing or playing in public, adapting or changing in any way the content of these web pages for any other purpose than to advance the church’s mission without the prior written permission of Covenant Presbyterian Church is not permitted. In accessing these web pages you agree that you may only download the content for your own non-commercial use. To obtain permission to reproduce information on this site, submit the specifics of your request in writing to Covenant Presbyterian Church, 322 West Pecan Street, Sherman, Texas 75092. If permission is granted, the wording “provided with permission from Covenant Presbyterian Church” and the date must be noted. Covenant Presbyterian Church must be provided with a copy of the final product of the described process. Permission is not required to create a link to the Covenant Presbyterian Church Website or any pages contained therein.
Any questions/concerns about this Website Policy and/or the Covenant Presbyterian Church website: www.cpcsherman.org, may be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone to 903.892.1502, or by mail to Covenant Presbyterian Church, 322 West Pecan Street, Sherman, Texas 75090.
This policy statement was approved by the
Covenant Presbyterian Church Session on April 26, 2012, and supersedes all other written