Covenant Presbyterian Church in Sherman, Texas is in need of a full-time interim pastor.
While we are not a large congregation, we have a number ongoing missions that we support, which include: Family Promise, which we helped establish in Grayson County, serve on its board, and continue as a host congregation; Weekend Food Bags for our two middle schools to provide food to students in need; Blessing Box to provide food to our community; Community Grow Garden, which began this year; Grand Central Station, providing food and services to the homeless; Habitat for Humanity, where members serve building homes, and we also support several mission partners through financial giving.
We have our Preschool, serving ages 2 to 5, which has been going for 50 years now and continues to grow; a Mother’s Day Out program for ages 6 weeks – 2 years, started last year, which is full and growing;
Our interim pastor would be needed to:
- facilitate interim tasks and processes, which would include:
- review the congregation’s history
- assist in articulating the identity and self-understanding of the congregation
- encourage leadership development/navigate healthy changes that will be needed
- maintain our links with the denomination
- prepare the way for the new pastor.
- other specific tasks as may be assigned
- lead worship and preach
- provide pastoral care with the Session for the congregation
- serve as head of staff
- provide administrative leadership
- moderate the session and congregation meetings
- officiate at weddings and funerals
- work with committee moderators
- train new officers
- pray for the church during the time of pastoral service
- provide required biannual reports to the Committee on Ministry
Total Effective Salary is $70,000
You can learn more about us at through our website at www.cpcsherman.org and through our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/cpcsherman
If interested, please provide a cover letter and PIF and any pertinent information to [email protected]. We will provide a Church Profile/Outline to those interested.