Covenant Readers is a place for anyone with a love of reading to come together and discuss a book chosen by the group each month. Many life lessons can, of course, be learned through books and discussion can often lead to sharing one’s personal life with the group. The group meets September to November and January to May on the second Monday of every month in the Library at the church at 10 a.m.
This ministry came about because people were finding they loved discussing books and wanted a place to talk beyond a few minutes before or after church. The book recommendations can be fiction, nonfiction, and may cover anything from mystery, frivolous, light-hearted, historical, to religious, etc. Anything that interests a member can be recommended and the group votes each month on what to read the next month. Anyone attending the meetings is encouraged to read the selected books before coming but anyone is welcome to come whether or not they have read the book being discussed that month.
Tuesday Women’s Circle
A part of our Presbyterian Women’s ministry, the circle meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 9:45 a.m. either in a members’ homes or in the Church’s Parlor from September until May.
We discuss a varied selection of topics ranging from the history of the area, geography, current events, personal hobbies of interest, interesting books we have read, historical events and many, many more. We have had topics presented recently on The Gunfight at the OK Corral, China, Israel, The Battle of Britain and many others of interest, importance, and fun. The conversation is always spirited and lively.
Joys and Concerns of the church are discussed and opportunities to minister with the combined talents of the group are always being sought and filled. The group generally volunteers for church projects, such as helping cook for the church, transportation, Handy Helper projects, and other projects when the need arises.
Professional Women’s Group
Covenant Presbyterian Church not only provides events for our church family, but we strive to use our facilities for other groups that wish to commune together. Below are some of the activities we open our doors to and many of our congregants participate in.
- Classic Movie Discussion Group
- Taking Off Pounds Sensibly (T.O.P.S) – https://www.tops.org/
- North Texas Concert Chorale – http://ntccsings.org/
- Business Network International (BNI) – https://www.bni.com/
- Sue Ellen Davis
- Arco Bello Youth Orchestra – http://arcobello.org/
- Starry Counseling – http://www.starry.org/Site/Services/Counseling-Program/
- Philanthropic Organizational Organization
- Grayson County Master Gardener – http://www.graysoncountymastergardeners.net/
- Lesa Hicks Piano Studio
- Project Transformation North Texas – https://projecttransformation.org/north-texas/
- Piner Middle School Choir
- Jack & Jen Child Care Center Graduation
- Salvation Army
- Making Dreams Real – http://www.makedreamsreal15.org/home.html
- Life Line Screening
- Children’s Chorus of Greater North Texas – https://childrenschorus.net/
Covenant Community Center (Cube) is open for use to the community, for information contact the church office.